|Prison of Despair|
Vincent in a level.
|Blocks Present|| White Blocks|
|New Blocks Introduced||Cracked Blocks|
|Setting||World of Nightmares|
|Characters Present|| Vincent Brooks|
Fist of Grudge
The Prison of Despair is the second level of Catherine and takes place, as the name suggests, in a prison where those who have harmed their significant others are jailed. An escape is possible - if one can stay on the blocks.
- "Only those who can remain stable among the cries of the sinful will survive this crumbling stage."
- — Colosseum Mode description
The Prison of Despair includes some tutorial aspects not present at the Underground Cemetery, such as hanging and avoiding being crushed by falling blocks. It also includes the game's first boss fight against the Fist of Grudge and the first landings and confessionals (meaning the first real encounter with Astaroth and other sheep.)
The Prison of Despair appears to be designed as a veritable prison - the area appears to be like a penitentiary, and each floor, including sheep in cages and cells, appears to be like a cell block.
See the following:
- Walkthrough: Prison of Despair First Floor
- Walkthrough: Prison of Despair Second Floor
- Walkthrough: Prison of Despair Final Floor (Boss Fight)
- Immediately after the stage begins:
- Vincent: Where am I? Last night's dream...again?! What the hell?! I was at the bar, and this girl came in, and then...Dammit, I can't remember! What's going on?!
The Trivia For Tonight...
- The music is Planets Suite "Mars", "Jupiter" by Gustav Holst.
- Defeating the Fist of Grudge awards the achievement The Great Escape, alluding to the fact that Vincent has just made a jailbreak from an impregnable prison such as Alcatraz, Maze Prison or Stalag Luft III (all of whom have escapes from them labeled as "The Great Escape".)
|Stages and bosses|
| Underground Cemetery:|| 1-1|
2-1 · 2-2 · 2-3 (Fist of Grudge)