|Time At Bar|| Day 2: 20:30 - 22:10|
Day 3: 20:30 - 22:30
Day 4: 20:15 - end
Day 5: 20:30 - 22:25
Day 6: 20:00 - 22:40
Day 7: Cutscene only
Day 8: 20:46 - end
|ENG VA||Liam O'Brien|
|JPN VA||Hiroaki Hirata|
- "Wow, you are fucked up... I mean, who dreams about taking a shit with another guy?"
- — Orlando to Vincent in an adjacent bathroom stall, after Vincent wonders if he's still dreaming
Orlando Haddick (オーランド・ハディック Ōrando), also known as Sheep with Red Hat, is a laid-back guy enjoying a carefree lifestyle. Orlando is a regular at the Stray Sheep and is a longtime friend of Vincent Brooks, Jonathan Ariga, and Erica Anderson. Outside of the Stray Sheep, he works at the same place Vincent does, so he could be considered Vincent's co-worker at their technology firm.
Having been married and divorced, he has a rather cynical view of love and marriage. He lives for himself, going with the flow, and the way he comforts himself corresponds with his easygoing nature. He has some sardonic advice for Vincent on the subject of women, possibly as a result of his own experiences with them.
Orlando is the only one of the group to have been married (and divorced), and holds a very serious grudge against his wife for her supposed betrayal of him.
Though his advice to Vincent about married life and what he should do about his affair can be seen as cruel to Katherine McBride, Orlando actually does like her quite a bit, calling her "cold, but a good girl."
Though a good friend, he is not seen as very reliable with money, and easily duped by scams, tricks and get-rich-quick schemes.
Orlando is one of the friends closest to Vincent, as they were very tight childhood friends and work at the same company. Vincent insists it was just a coincidence, as it was the only place hiring when he was looking. As kids in elementary school together, Vincent was always helping and encouraging Orlando through his problems. They also grew up with Katherine, though their friendship was initially antagonistic, as Vincent and Orlando would often steal and eat her lunch.
Orlando got married young and was initially very happy with his wife Connie, until he lost almost all their money in a failed fishing business. Though he is adamant that she betrayed and left him because of it, it becomes clear later on that it happened a bit differently than he imagined. Though never fully explained, she most likely got upset for his foolishness in participating in a questionable business and said some harsh things. With an already wounded pride, he probably took this as a betrayal and a lack of faith in him at an already vulnerable time, and went for a divorce.
The novelization also claims that Connie cheated on him, affirmed by Orlando mentioning it to Catherine who was then disguised as a black-haired woman. Orlando didn't want to talk about it with Vincent, however, likely due to the shame and embarrassment of it, even despite being the one being cheated on.
Orlando shows up the most out of all Vincent's friends: at the Stray Sheep, at Kappa Heaven, and in the lavatory at work. Through the course of the affair, he is the one with the most laid back attitude, encouraging Vincent's deceit to some extent and even suggesting he leave Katherine for Catherine. When news of the pregnancy comes, he changes his tune, and tells Vincent to resign himself to married life. He is also the one who comes closest to seeing a picture of Catherine, though Vincent never lets him (much to his displeasure).
Catherine: The Novel reveals that Orlando went to a women's wrestling tournament alone due to being interested in it. Feather Adonis was participating in it, although Orlando was cheering for another wrestler Sirius. Catherine appeared as a dark-haired woman and asked Orlando what the rules were. After talking, they left and went to a hotel. At the hotel's bar, Orlando became drunk and Catherine invited him to her room. The rest of Orlando's actions resulted in him having Nightmares.
In Stage 6-2, the second landing of the Clock Tower, Orlando is also revealed to be someone (implied to be Catherine) sentenced to the Great Trials, as Vincent meets him as "Sheep with Red Hat." Orlando also wears his black jacket as a sheep. Orlando is baffled why he has been thrown in the Nightmares since he believes that he was the one who was betrayed, but he realizes that in reality, it is ultimately his own selfishness that is stopping him from getting back together with Connie, who is putting her own romantic life on hold to try to get him back. In Catherine: The Novel, Orlando recognizes Vincent as a sheep, but doesn't reveal his identity due to the awkwardness and embarrassment of it. The boss that he faces nightly is a monstrous form of Connie, demanding to know why he left her. He later tells Vincent in the Nightmares that she tried to get back together with him, but his wounded pride again took this as her mocking him instead of a real gesture.
Orlando shows up in every ending to some degree except for the Catherine Good Ending and Catherine True Ending. Most of the time he is just giving support to Vincent, but in the Katherine True Ending, he achieves the most closure. He and Connie attend Vincent and Katherine's wedding, explaining they too have decided to give things another chance. Orlando says he's going to return to the fishing industry, but this time, he will fish exclusively for "Kappa", saying it's the rarest beast in the sea and eating one will give you "peerless virility".
- "All that stuff about soulmates and eternal love is bullshit."
- "Married life sucks, man."
- "...But if she's that cute a girl, maybe it's a lucky "accident", huh?"
- "If she's pregnant, your life is fucked... with a capital "F"."
- "Lately, going home to an empty house really hurts, ya know."
- "Look out! It's the Bathroom Ghooooooost!"
The Trivia for Tonight.....
- In unused dialogue, Orlando goes into greater detail about his parents: his father got fired from his job, and his affair was discovered by his mother at the same time. He describes cops coming to his house, so it's assuming his father was committed a corporate crime, most likely embezzlement.
- His drink of choice is bottled beer. The bottle design strongly resembles that of Corona, a popular Mexican lager in real life.
- Orlando's surname may be derived from the fish, haddock, related to and resembling the cod.
- Orlando's name has been erroneously spelled as "Orland Haddick" in the Venus Mode Art Book.
- Though he appears in the Nightmares, Orlando will never succumb to them and die, no matter how little or how much Vincent talks to him or encourages him.
- In his official art, he is carrying a bottle of "Bear Beer", a reference to Teddie of Persona 4.
- Ryuji Sakamoto of Persona 5 can dress as Orlando.
Catherine: Full Body
|Vincent · Katherine · Catherine · Orlando · Jonny · Toby · Erica · Boss · Trisha · Steve · Rin|
|Justin · Todd · Archie · Daniel · Morgan · Anna · Lindsay and Martha · Paul · The Couple · Feather|