Vincent climbing the main tower of the Inquisition.
|Blocks Present|| White Blocks|
|New Blocks Introduced||None|
|Setting||World of Nightmares|
|Characters Present|| Vincent Brooks|
- "The stage tonight is the Inquistion. Hurry up... You'll be judged there..."
- — Cryptic Voice in Stray Sheep bathroom
The Inquisition is the fourth stage of Catherine and takes place in what appears to be a foreboding courthouse where those accused of wronging their lovers are indicted and put on trial - including trial by block climb.
- "Only those who can face the deafening silence of the condemned will make it through."
- — Colosseum Mode description
The Stage takes place in a large chamber between two walls with female and male symbol designs, and a sheep stands in front of each male symbol. A large statue of Lady Justice stands in the center of the stage. Those things, together with the name Inquisition, appear to indicate that individual areas are designed as massive courtrooms.
Inquisition 4-1: The screen views around the stage then views Vincent saying, "What is this place?"
Inquisition 4-2: The screen views Vincent, then a voice, "Dahhh..." is heard by The Child. Vincent says, "Huh?" Then The Child shouts out "Daddy!" and Vincent says, "Uwaaah!" Vincent thinks that The Child is not creepy at all. The Child continues to call Vincent "daddy" and then Vincent starts to climb blocks in haste saying, "Stay away from me!"
The Trivia for Tonight.....
- The music is "Little" Fugue in G Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- The Inquisition is arguably one of the shortest stages in the game. With only one sequence, and one landing before the boss stage.
- By defeating The Child, the player unlocks the achievement/trophy No One Expects the..., which is a reference to the Monty Python line "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition."
|Stages and bosses|
| Underground Cemetery:|| 1-1|
2-1 · 2-2 · 2-3 (Fist of Grudge)